- M. Girvan and M.E.J. Newman, Community structure in social and biological networks, PNAS, 2002.
- A. Clauset et al., Finding community structure in very large networks, PRE, 2004.
- V.D. Blondel et al., Fast unfolding of communities in large networks, JSTAT, 2008.
- F. Radicchi et al., Defining and identifying communities in networks, PNAS, 2004.
- Aaron Clauset, Lecture notes #3, #4, and #15.
- S. Fortunato and M. Barthélemy, Resolution limit in community detection, PNAS, 2006.
- J. Yang and J. Leskovec, Defining and evaluating network communities based on ground-truth, MDS'12
- M.E.J. Newman and M. Girvan, Finding and evaluating community structure in networks, PRE, 2004.
- R. Guimerà and L.A.N. Amaral, Functional cartography of complex metabolic networks, Nature, 2004 - can we categorize the functional role
- A. Clauset et al., Hierarchical structure and the prediction of missing links in networks Nature, 2008.
- YYiki: Community structure
- B.W. Kernighan and S. Lin, An efficient heuristic procedure for partitioning graphs, Bell Systems Technical Journal, 1970.
- B.H. Good et al., Performance of modularity maximization in practical contexts, PRE, 2010.
- J.P. Bagrow, Are communities just bottlenecks? Trees and treelike networks have high modularity,arXiv, 2012 - Trees have high modularity.
- C. Song et al., Self-similarity of complex networks, Nature, 2005
- C. Song et al., Origins of fractality in the growth of complex networks, Nature, 2006.
- What are the differences between 'clustering' captured by clustering coefficient and 'clustering' captured by communities?
- How can we define communities?
- Why is finding communities a challenging problem?
- How can we evaluate community detection method?
- What are the pros and cons of using benchmarks and using real-world networks?