Open-source Programming language & integrated environment based on Java. It was initiated by Ben Fry and Casey Reas. It is easy and fast. It is also convenient to produce pdf or movie. You can make nice figures with OpenGL.
See also Cinder
- http://wiki.processing.org/w/Android - processing for Android
- http://github.com/jdf/processing.py - write processing sketches in Python
- giCentre Utilities - library for creating data visualization (charts, slideshows, ...)
- http://code.google.com/p/joons-renderer/ - "Brings Sunflow's ray-tracing to Processing"
- http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~traer/physics/ - a simple particle system.
Examples and tips
- When you google something, you can use 'proce55ing' instead of 'processing' to avoid confusion with general term 'processing'.
- You can try processing by using web-based processing environment called obsessing.
- processing bundle for TextMate